Thursday, September 13, 2018

Survive!


         Freedom is the central message of the cross. This freedom is not only from sin but also from meaninglessness, idleness and nothingness. Paano ba na-realize ang tunay na kahulugan ng freedom? We have to be free from those we have depended on. Hindi Malaya yung tao na sobrang dependent na kapag nawala ang isang taong malapit sa atin ay para na tayong mamamatay, na kapag nawala ang isang bagay parang hindi na tayo magus-survive.
         What do you say to yourself when you face grave problems? When people walk away from you? When people take away from you what you value, even their presence? How do you face all these?
          Gloria Gaynor popularized a song in the 70’s entitled “I Will Survive,” Mayroon tayong mensaheng maaaring makuha sa kanta nya.
      At first I was afraid I was petrified
      Kept thinkin’ I could never live without you by my side;
      But then I spent so many nights
      Thinkin’ how you did me wrong

       And I grew strong and I learned how to get along
       And now you’re back from outer space
       I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face
       I should have changed that stupid look
       I should have made you leave your key
       If I’d have known for just one second you’d be back to bother me
       Go on, now go, walk out the door
        Just turn around now
       ‘Cause you’re not welcome anymore
        Weren’t you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye
        Do you think I’d crumble
        Did you think I’d lay down and die?
       
        Oh no, not I, I will survive
         Oh as long as I know how to love
         I know I’ll stay alive;
         I’ve got all my life to live,
         I’ve got all my love to give and I’ll survive,

         I will survive, hey, hey.

            Yan ang dapat nating sinasabi, di ba? Sa mga taong ayaw tayong mahalin- I will survive! Sa mga taong ayaw maging tapat sa atin at lagi tayong iniiwan-iwanan, I will survive! Kung ayaw ba sa atin, di huwag! Hindi yung “Mamamatay ako pag nawala ka sa aking buhay.” Hindi yung pagka umalis yung mahal nyo para na kayong nawalan ng ulo, puso at buhay. Why? Because God loves us and God is on our side.
        
             Maraming nawawala sa ating buhay. Nawawala ang bahay, trabaho, alahas. Minsan nawawala ang minamahal natin sa buhay. But what do Christians say? Ano’ng sasabihin natin? I WILL SURVIVE! Nilikha ako ng Diyos. I was designed to survive. Hindi yung nawala lang ang minamahal, hindi na ako magus-survive. Nawala lamang ang pangarap ko, hindi na ako magus-survive. That’s not the spirit of a Christian. And if a secular song can say “I will survive!,” how much more can a Christian say it?

No comments:

Post a Comment